The food that we eat defines our lifestyle and defines how healthy we want to be and we can be. As we know, we should avoid fatty, sugary foods. But in times like these, where sweets are a commonality, it can be very hard to do. But there still are foods that can help bust those pounds. Here are some fat-busting, carb-less, nutritious food that can help contribute greatly to the body you’d want to have.
1. Tea – Teas have existed and have helped for thousands of years. Teas don’t have caffeine and are all natural. It helps regulate digestion, boosts metabolism, suppresses appetite, burns fats and calories and serves as anti-oxidants for the body. There are a lot of teas one can choose from, ranging from green tea, to varieties such as the Okinawan tea (Japanese tea), Oolong tea and Feiyan tea (Chinese tea) among others. Celebrities also have been spotted drinking tea for its weight-loss and beautification (said to make people look younger) properties, one of which is X-men star Patrick Stewart whose youth secrets include a constant cup of Earl Grey tea.
2. Mushrooms – now what do mushrooms have to do with losing weight? Well, a lot, actually. Mushrooms serve as a great meat substitute, thus you can cut back on your heavy meals. It leaves you with the ‘full feeling’ that could minimize, if not eradicate, the urge to snack. (Snacking is one of the leading cases of weight gain because snacks usually consist of junk food, oily and sugary sweets e.g. potato chips, doughnuts) It also helps lessen the consumption of calories throughout the day, as mushrooms have high nutritional values. Mushrooms also unclog your system and help regulate bowel movement. Mushrooms are also high in protein which can keep you going. It helps you lose weight without losing your curves.
3. Eggs – in contrast to the popular belief that only egg whites should be consumed as egg yolks are fatty, it is best to consume the whole egg as most of the protein is found in yolk. As earlier stated, protein keeps you going, it is an energizer and it is one of the components of a healthy body. Aside from that, protein also prevents sugar cravings. Eggs also contain vitamin E and it helps makes you fuller longer.
4. Apples – familiar with the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? That is pretty much true because apples and fruits in general, are full of fiber and can help in promoting a healthy digestion and a healthy metabolism. Apples are low in calorie and fat, are low in sodium and contain several vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body. Apples also contain anti-oxidants and help minimize cholesterol in the body. It also slows down the absorption of carbohydrates with the help of soluble fiber found in apples.
5. Beans, seeds and nuts – they say that big things come in small packages and that can be proven by these powerful edibles. Beans contain cholecystokinin, a digestive hormone that naturally suppresses appetite. It keeps your blood sugar in check, and it high-fiber beans also help lower your cholesterol. Seeds like Chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids, iron and calcium. It serves as a sponge and it absorbs sugar, and it also stabilizes blood levels in the body. Talk about tough. Nuts such as pistachios, are high in protein and fiber, and healthy fats. Now, not all of the fats in the body are bad. Our bodies need fats, the good kind, the ones which are found in pistachios. It also helps lower cholesterol levels.
6. Yogurt – yogurts can be consumed as healthy snacks. Yogurt is filled with prebiotics and is rich in calcium. Yogurt helps burn fat and trims your tummy easily. Yogurt is filled with vitamins and minerals, plus, it comes in different flavors and can be served with a variety of fruits or in different dishes.
7. Vinegar – now how can vinegar help you keep trim? Vinegar contains acetic acid. Acetic acid slows the passage of food in the stomach, thus giving you a fuller feeling. It also helps you keep your blood sugar down and minimizes sugar-craving.
You may choose from any of these fat-busting foods, but what matters is moderation in eating. Even if you consume these, and still over-eat, your preference would still be in vain. Stay healthy, eat healthy.
Helping fellow Singaporeans to lose weight one person at a time: Singapore Weight Loss Challenge [http://sgweightlosschallenge.com/]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeremiah_Say_Zhihao